Here are a few options to make your trip to the cinema, or anywhere downtown, easier.
- Downtown Amherst Parking Map: The town of Amherst has produced a comprehensive map of where and how long you can park downtown. On-street parking in the "Town Center Permit" spaces are open to the public all day and evening from June to September. From September through May, the spaces are open any time after 6pm.
- Parking Lot behind CVS & Jones Library: Behind the Jones Library & CVS there is an easily accessible long term lot (8 hours!). It's an easy walk through the garden behind the Jones Library, across the street at the Jones library crosswalk. It's also ideal if you want to stay in town for a bit longer to get dinner or browse a bookstore. See the map at the bottom of the page for more info:
- Bank of America Lot: The lot on the western edge of the theater (off S. Prospect St.) is owned by Bank of America and only open to the public during non-banking hours. Theater patrons may park there after 4pm on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, after 6pm on Thursday, after 5pm on Friday, after Noon on Saturday and all day Sunday.
- PeoplesBank Lot: The lot behind PeoplesBank is also available to theater patrons during non-banking hours. Theater patrons may park there after 4pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, after 5pm on Thursday, after noon on Saturday and all day Sunday.
- We do not own the municipal lot across from the Jones Library. It is run by the town of Amherst. Any issues with parking meters or other concerns should be directed to: email@example.com , by phone 413-259-3020 or visiting: http://www.amherstma.gov/index.aspx?NID=732
Other tips for making your trip to the cinema easier:
- Advance ticketing is ALWAYS recommended!
- Buy tickets ahead of time: Save time at the box office and don't get shut out of a sold out screening. You can buy tickets any time online or at the box office whenever we're open (we open the lobby 20 minutes before our first showtime of the day and close at 10pm). If you have online tickets you do not need to wait in line at the box office. Just come right in and scan your bar code at the online ticketing station between the box office and the concession stand.
- Arrive Early: Arriving a few extra minutes early can make a big difference. We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before the start of your movie, seats fill up fast!
- We do not sell tickets over the phone or reserve seats. Please plan accordingly!
- Our peak times are Friday and Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon and early evening.
We look forward to seeing you at the cinema!
Map of the CVS/Jones Library lot
- Films and Events
- Join our E-List