March 10, 2020
In addition to COVID-19, we work to eliminate exposure and transmission of any illnesses in our operations. We are monitoring all information from industry, local and state officials along with any new information from the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
There are currently no known cases of COVID-19 in our immediate region though we are acting with due diligence in protecting our staff, volunteers and patrons.
A few of the steps we're taking to provide as safe a space as possible:
- Amherst Cinema's cleaning company is cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces, railings and door knobs at the end of the night.
- We have reduced the capacity of our theaters to allow for an empty seat and distance between each patron.
- Our staff is cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces, railings and door knobs between films, including using a decontaminating spray on armrests in theaters.
- Regular hand washing for staff after any contact with a potential contaminate. Staff also have access to gloves and hand sanitizer when needed.
- We're eliminating hand to hand contact in a number of our operations- checking tickets, scanning online tickets, submitting tickets for drawings, handling of customer credit cards, etc.
- We provide hand sanitizer and tissues throughout the facility for patrons.
- Individually wrapped alcohol swabs will be available for patrons who would like to further wipe down their surroundings.
- Employees are asked to stay home if they are feeling ill.
- We're monitoring any staff travel and allowing for telecommuting for any office staff when returning from travel or showing any symptoms of illness.
While we work diligently to prevent the spread of any illness, we also ask our patrons to keep themselves and other safe while enjoying our facilities:
- The CDC identifies Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions as an important tool in stopping the spread of any infection, including COVID-19.
- We ask that all patrons wash their hands for a full 20 seconds when using the restrooms and use hand sanitizer at other times or when they're unable to wash.
- If you are feeling ill, symptomatic, have any cough or have travelled to high risk areas we ask you stay home.
- Where possible please keep a distance from other patrons and limit unnecessary contact.
- If you sneeze or cough please do so into your elbow and not hands.
- Finally, please alert staff to any situation where we can help clean a potentially contaminated item or surface.
The CDC COVID-19 website is a good resource for up to date information on the origin, spread and protection from the virus.
If you have questions about Amherst Cinema's response, please email General Manager George Myers at email@example.com