Amherst Cinema Arts Center, Inc.
Amherst Cinema invites qualified candidates to apply for its Business Manager position. The Business Manager’s primary role is to provide financial leadership and advise strategic direction for the organization, and is responsible for ensuring the strength and integrity of Amherst Cinema through cycles of effective and accurate financial analysis, reporting, planning, and implementation. The Business Manager reports to the Executive Director, and works closely with all office staff and periodically with the Board of Directors and its finance committee.
Essential Functions: Budget preparation and management; payroll and employee benefits administration; bookkeeping; audit preparation; and financial reporting and analysis. While most responsibilities are of a financial nature, this position is part of a small team that shares customer service and administrative responsibilities. Click here for the full job description.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business management or equivalent degree and/or relevant experience in budgeting and financial management; Graduate degree preferred.
- Five years of financial accounting experience. Non-profit accounting experience preferred, but not required. We’re looking for someone who is committed to financial excellence, and will provide enthusiastic financial leadership in support of Amherst Cinema’s mission.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, QuickBooks, and/or similar productivity tools and accounting software.
- Experience with payroll and benefits administration, and ability to exercise discretion at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills that provide the ability to interact with all levels of the organization with a high customer service orientation.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to take the lead on initiatives and meet deadlines without direction. Must be organized and accurate.
- Able to work effectively with individuals across diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences.
- Experience and comfort working in a small, nimble environment is a plus.
This is a full-time (40 hour/week) position with options to participate in health, dental and 403(b) plans. Most hours are daytime business hours, Monday–Friday, but occasional evening hours are required. Salary range is $70,000-79,000.00 annually.
Amherst Cinema is an independent, nonprofit arts and education center brimming with world-class programs. Our comfortable, fully accessible theater offers state-of-the-art projection and sound, and is a beloved cultural institution within the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be considered. Review of applications will begin on April 26, 2021, and continue until the position is filled.
COVID-19 precautions: All office staff are currently working a hybrid schedule of remote and in-person, with office hours scheduled to avoid overlap with others during the pandemic. Personal protective equipment required; social distancing guidelines in place; sanitizing, disinfecting and cleaning procedures in place.
Amherst Cinema is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring team members from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.