As we introduce small group ticketed screenings, Amherst Cinema has established plans, protocols, and precautions to ensure the health and safety of both staff and patrons.
In doing so, we are adhering to the guidelines and standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the voluntary CinemaSafe guidelines developed by the National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO), and all state and county guidelines.
Additionally, to help provide a safer environment throughout the building, we have made significant improvements during our temporary closure. Plexiglass barriers have been installed at all point-of-sales locations. The theater seats have been replaced with easy-to-clean surfaces. There is increased fresh air intake in all spaces, and the HVAC system has been upgraded with virus-blocking UV filters and ionizers.
Below, you’ll find an overview of the health and safety precautions we’ve implemented at Amherst Cinema for you and our staff. Please review them, and please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us, M-F, 10am-2pm, at (413) 253-2547.
Staff health and safety precautions
- Before coming to work, all staff will self-monitor for fever or any other symptons of COVID-19. Staff are instructed to stay home if displaying any symptoms of illness.
- Staff will wear masks completely covering the mouth and nose for the duration of their shifts. Fresh gloves will be worn while serving concessions.
Patron health and safety precautions
- If, in the last two weeks, you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, come into contact with anyone known to be COVID-19 positive, or been asked to quarantine by the state, your employer, or your school, you are instructed not to attend a screening. If any of these apply to you and you have already purchased a ticket, please email email@example.com or call us, M-F, 10am-2pm, at (413) 253-2547.
- Masks completely covering the mouth and nose must be worn at all times while at Amherst Cinema. Your mask may only be removed while eating or drinking in your theater seat.
- Patrons must remain at least six feet away from all Amherst Cinema staff while in the lobby. Additionally, we ask that you seat yourself six feet from anyone who is not a member of your household.
- Your theater will have a designated bathroom. Please only have one member of your party use this bathroom at a time.
Facility safety and sanitation measures
- We have installed virus-blocking UV filters in our HVAC system and ioniziers in our bathrooms. Fresh air intake has been increased through all HVAC systems.
- Each theater, bathroom, and our lobby have isolated HVAC systems, meaning that the air in each space is not co-mingling with air from other spaces.
- We are frequently disinfecting “high touch” surfaces like bathroom fixtures and door handles.
- During our temporary closure, all of our theater seats were replaced and now feature easy-to-clean surfaces and materials.
- Between-show cleaning of seat backs, arm rests, and bathrooms with a disinfecting solution and fogger.
- Plexi barriers have been installed at the ticket booth and concession stand.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the Cinema.
- Our public water fountain has been disabled.