Amherst Cinema is currently limiting theater capacity to 50%.
All guests, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear face masks throughout the building, and may only remove masks while eating or drinking in their theater seats.
Amherst Cinema has updated plans, protocols, and precautions to ensure the health and safety of both staff and patrons. In doing so, we are adhering to the guidelines and standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the voluntary CinemaSafe guidelines developed by the National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO), and all state and county guidelines. Amherst Cinema is currently operating at 50% theater capacity.
Additionally, to help provide a safer environment throughout the building, we have made significant facility upgrades. There is increased fresh air intake in all spaces, and the HVAC system has been upgraded with virus-blocking UV filters and ionizers. The theater seats have been replaced, and now feature easy-to-clean upholstery.
Below, you’ll find an overview of the health and safety precautions we’ve implemented at Amherst Cinema for you and our staff. Please review them, and please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions. You can email email@example.com or call us, M-F, 10am-2pm, at (413) 253-2547.
Patron health and safety precautions
- Regardless of vaccination status, guests are requreired to wear face masks throughout the building, and may only remove masks while eating or drinking in their theater seats.
- To accommodate varying comfort levels within the community, the Cinema offers Masked Mornings on Saturday and Sundays. During these first screenings of the day, face coverings are required for all guests at all times, audience capacity is capped at 25%, and no concessions are sold.
- If, in the last two weeks, you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 or come into contact with anyone known to be COVID-19 positive, you are instructed not to attend a screening. If any of these apply to you and you have already purchased a ticket, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us, M-F, 10am-2pm, at (413) 253-2547
Facility safety and sanitation measures
- We have installed virus-blocking UV filters in our HVAC system and ionizers in our bathrooms. Fresh air intake has been increased through all HVAC systems.
- Theaters, restrooms, and our lobby have isolated HVAC systems, meaning that the air in each space is not co-mingling with air from other spaces.
- We are frequently disinfecting “high touch” surfaces like bathroom fixtures and door handles.
- All of our theater seats have been replaced and now feature easy-to-clean surfaces and materials.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the Cinema.
Staff health and safety precautions
- All members of the staff are fully vaccinated.
- Before coming to work, all staff will self-monitor for fever or any other symptoms of COVID-19. Staff are instructed to stay home if displaying any symptoms of illness.