Patron health and safety precautions
Effective Friday, October 29, 2021, Amherst Cinema returns to full capacity and requires patrons to present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative PCR test (within 72 hours prior to showtime), along with a valid photo ID.
All patrons will need to present the following two items:
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination OR a negative PCR test (within 72 hours prior to showtime). Proof can be displayed:
- Through a physical copy
- Showing a legible photo on your smartphone
- Using a mobile app. We ask that you download and log in to apps in advance so you have access to your proof before arriving at the Cinema.
- Guests 18 years or older will need to present a valid photo ID such as driver’s license, passport or school ID.
All guests ages 12 and over are required to wear face masks throughout the building, and may only remove masks while actively eating or drinking in their theater seats.
Children under 12 are welcome to attend films and events when accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult and do not need to present proof of a negative COVID-19 test. Please note, children between the ages of 2 and 11 must wear a mask at all times—no exceptions for eating or drinking in their theater seats.
Face masks are available upon request, at no cost, in our lobby.
We recommend guests arrive at least 20 minutes before showtime to account for health and safety verifications and to avoid delays.
As we continue to operate in a fluid environment, Cinema requirements are subject to change, so be sure to check our website for the latest information.
Looking for more info? Click here for a comprehensive health & safety FAQ.
Facility safety and sanitation measures
- We have installed virus-blocking UV filters in our HVAC system and ionizers in our bathrooms. Fresh air intake has been increased through all HVAC systems.
- Theaters, restrooms, and our lobby have isolated HVAC systems, meaning that the air in each space is not co-mingling with air from other spaces.
- We are frequently disinfecting “high touch” surfaces like bathroom fixtures and door handles.
- All of our theater seats have been replaced and now feature easy-to-clean surfaces and materials.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the Cinema.
Staff health and safety precautions
- Before coming to work, all staff will self-monitor for fever or any other symptoms of COVID-19. Staff are instructed to stay home if displaying any symptoms of illness.