Masks are optional and appreciated but no longer required.
I’m not yet ready to attend screenings at full capacity. What are my options?
For most shows, there are opportunities to physically distance while sharing in the filmgoing experience. If you are curious to know how many tickets have been sold for any given show, you are welcome to call the box office at (413) 253-2547 for up-to-date information on ticket sales.
To accommodate varying comfort levels within the community, the Cinema offers Masked Mornings on Saturday and Sundays. During these first screenings of the day, face coverings are required for all guests at all times, audience capacity is capped at 25%, and no concessions are sold. To learn more, visit: amherstcinema.org/films-and-events/masked-mornings
For those not yet ready to return for an in-person experience, the Cinema’s artfully-curated Virtual Cinema platform remains an option. To learn more, visit: amherstcinema.org/virtual-cinema
I feel unwell.
If you feel unwell or believe you have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, we ask that you refrain from visiting. A refund will be issued for your ticket. To request a refund, please send an email to us within 24 hours of your showtime. Email email@example.com with “refund” in the subject line and be sure to include your name, order number and list the ticket(s) to be refunded. Refunds will be processed within 2-3 business days.
As we continue to operate in a fluid environment, Cinema requirements are subject to change, so be sure to check our website for the latest information.
Facility safety and sanitation measures
- We have installed virus-blocking UV filters in our HVAC system and ionizers in our bathrooms. Fresh air intake has been increased through all HVAC systems.
- Theaters, restrooms, and our lobby have isolated HVAC systems, meaning that the air in each space is not co-mingling with air from other spaces.
- We are frequently disinfecting “high touch” surfaces like bathroom fixtures and door handles.
- All of our theater seats have been replaced and now feature easy-to-clean surfaces and materials.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the Cinema.
Staff health and safety precautions
- Before coming to work, all staff self-monitor for fever or any other symptoms of COVID-19. Staff are instructed to stay home if displaying any symptoms of illness.