Amherst Cinema is now available for Private Theater Rentals!
We are delighted to be able to offer a safe and fun way for you to watch movies on the big screen again while supporting the Cinema during this unprecedented time. Bring yourself, your significant other, or your COVID pod for a screening of your favorite film. Visit the link below to reserve an available date and time and complete the check-out process while agreeing to terms.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to the movies!
- All rentals are sliding scale starting at $100. Our suggested rate is $250 for Members and $300 for Non-Members.
- Groups of up to 10 guests will be allowed.
- Rentals will take place in Theater 1, our largest theater.
- The rental period is 2.5 hours long. We request that your film selection be less than 120 minutes.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver upon purchase of the rental stating that you and your group are currently COVID free to the best of your knowledge. COVID clearance must be affirmed again upon entry at Amherst Cinema.
RENTAL GUIDELINES AND FAQ
See below for answers to some frequently asked questions about our rentals. If you have additional inquiries, please email House Manager Emily Ward: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Sliding Scale?
We're offering all rentals on a sliding scale in an effort to bring the cinema experience to as many patrons as possible. We encourage you to pay what you can. If meeting or exceeding the suggested rate is within your budget, those funds will go a long way in paying the staff working the rental, covering operation costs, and providing direct financial support for an eventual Amherst Cinema reopening. Thank you!
Can I provide my own movie for my group to watch?
Yes, you will provide your own movie for this theater rental. After you reserve your time, we will be in touch with you to coordinate and confirm delivery of your film, which we need in hand at least 48 hours in advance of your rental time.
Films playing in our Virtual Cinema may be available for your in-theater private screening for an additional fee. Is there a Virtual Cinema title playing right now that you'd like to watch on the big screen? Let us know and we'll see what we can do!
What health and safety precautions have been implemented at Amherst Cinema?
- Masks must be worn at all times by guests and staff.
- For contact tracing purposes, all theater rental guests will be asked to sign in upon entering the building.
- Installation of virus-blocking UV filters and ionizers in HVAC system and bathrooms.
- Increased fresh air intake.
- Theaters have isolated HVAC systems. Air in each theater is not co-mingling with other spaces.
- Frequent disinfection of “high touch” surfaces like bathroom fixtures and door handles.
- Between-show disinfection of seat backs, arm rests and bathrooms.
- All of our seats have recently been replaced and now feature easy-to-clean surfaces and materials.
When should we arrive at the screening?
We encourage you to arrive at your reserved showtime. A staff member will be in the lobby to greet you and review our safety protocols before your movie starts. Please note that if you arrive more than fifteen minutes after your reserved showtime, the screening will be cancelled.
Do we have to wear masks and practice social distancing?
Yes, every member of your party will be required to wear a mask for the duration of their visit to the theatre. We ask that you maintain at least six feet of distance with our staff at all times.
Will you be selling concessions, or can I bring some of my own?
At this time we will not be offering concessions and ask that no outside food or drink be brought into the theater.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule my reservation?
Due to our need to schedule staff, reservations may be cancelled or rescheduled up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund. Cancellations less than 48 hours prior to a reservation are subject to a $100 fee.